Oh yes, people! It’s that time of year again where Melbourne becomes a haven for the utterly hilarious and outrageous. We thought we’d help you out with five Aussie and international acts to see at this year’s Melbourne International Comedy Festival. The programme is a cracking one but here’s our input to help make your decision making a little easier.
- Aunty Donna Big Boys – you’ve seen their online videos so why not see what they’re like IRL? Yeah, the boyzzzzz!
- Becky Lucas Little Bitch – this girl is on fiyah right now. She’s working with the who’s who in the biz and making a solid name for herself. You want to say you’ve seen her before she gets super famous.
- Judith Lucy & Denise Scott Disappointments – see these women because you want to keep it real. There’s no sugar coating life in this one #RealityCheck
- Khaled Khalafalla Loose – this guy can do no wrong. Everything he touches turns to gold. He’s taking steps forward every day and it’d be a crying shame if you missed him in action.
- 3 Course Comedy – because three comedians are better than one, right?! Who will you get? Who cares! Rock up and enjoy a feast of laughter.
- Chris D’Elia Live – surely just the fact he got to roast Justin Bieber is enough?! Plus he’s got a great smile. Yeah, that’ll do!
- The Hodgetwins No Filter – two for the price of one is a pretty good deal! Also, it’d be pretty great to see them in the flesh and not just on YouTube!
- Urzila Carlson Unacceptable – you gotta love a ballsy gal. She’s become an adoptive Aussie so jump on the bandwagon.
- Jimeoin Renonsense Man – it’s Jimeoin, duh! Also, though, this show’s poster is that good #JimeoinSlaysInHisCalvins
- Emma Sidi Appearing in New Order – the woman sold out her 2016 Edinburgh Fringe season. Clearly she’s one to watch.
The annual Melbourne International Comedy Festival runs from March 29 to April 23. There are plenty of shows to get around to, you may even like to do two in one night, but most of all you’ll get the best ab workout.